Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Birthday Bash



sweet and sour and sesame chicken




The birthday boy

The present


Two brothers


It is Jack's 16th birthday!, I cannot believe that my youngest child is 16, this does not seem possible.  He requested "asian food", so vague, and a berry cobbler.  The problem was, he requested the berry cobbler at 11 am, and that thing has to cook all day, so I completely cheated and bought this beautiful berry cream pie at Costco.  It is Costco sized, which means big enough to feed a crowd, or just my family, it is just so pretty.  I myself do not like berries, I would have preferred some sort of chocolate bomb of a dessert, but it was not MY birthday.  The pie was a complete success, everyone (not me), loved it.  For his present, Jack got a bow and arrow, which he has been requesting for years and years.  He is so happy, and now Dad wants one too.  It was such a fun day,and now I have three boys who are all 16!

5 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute boys and dog! And yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, is that strawberry and blueberry thing a pie on its way into the oven? Looks yummy. Is the recipe available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, It was a total cheat, it is from Costco!. Everyone said it was delicious. I wish I could claim the kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Jack! He finally caught up with Andrew and Isaac! For a few weeks, anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Why did you post a picture of Jake Gyllenhall as one of Jack's brothers?!

    ReplyDelete