Monday, January 12, 2015

A Visit To My Next Home

I visited Calvary Cemetary with my church group. We learned so much about Catholic funerals and burials, rituals, customs, both in practice and out of vogue...and interestingly, that people used to bury limbs, if they had become separated from their bodies before time. That is an out of vogue practice nowadays. It was so peaceful and beautiful. It was quite fascinating that some very "big" Seattle names are buried there, yet they seemed to have some of the least ostentatious markers of all. I want the biggest Mary statue for me of course! I could have stayed all day, walking around, but nature started calling me and would not stop. I practically had to run back to the car. I still can't stop thinking about the place, it was so wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. It is very nice there. I have my own little spot all prepared for my reception some day - not too soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete