Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A New Baby, An Odd Blankie

I have a new great nephew named Logan George. I wanted to make something special for him, so I decided to take up crocheting again. I haven't crocheted for years, and I am quite rusty. I even had to google how to decipher a pattern. After many ripping outs, I got a blanket going along, but I have always struggled with my uneven tension. It is supposed to be a nice square, and it is quite the parallelogram. Of course even though I noticed this happening I just kept stitching away, hoping it would miraculously fix itself. Every time I held it up, the people with whom I live would start laughing and pointing. So finally I finished it and if you hold one end very carefully it almost looks right. I told my niece that she can't show it to anyone. I think my other niece, who is expecting, is afraid I am making her one as well. And I am!...practice makes perfect, or at least I hope it makes a square. The picture is from the good side.

2 comments:

  1. I got the pattern from Pinterest. You can google "Free Crochet Pattern, baby blanket" and it will come up, it is the one with the picture of a blue and white blanket. I had trouble deciphering some of the directions, so that is when I tend to wing it, which I am sure, resulted in the strange shape!

    ReplyDelete