Friday, October 23, 2015

Too Close For Comfort Or Exit


I was at church for a meeting, and arrived absurdly early, which is my M.O., thankfully I always have something to read in the car.  So I am peacefully reading when an O'Dea golf team bus arrives, and the coach parks even worse than I normally do.  I was trapped in my car, I couldn't get my door open enough to get out. When I drove the Queen Mary, I could climb over the console with relative ease, it is considerably harder in this little lunchbox of a car.  I had to pretzel myself up to get out the passenger door, I was all the way over in the passenger seat, but my left leg was still over in the drivers seat well.  There were more contortions, and a few bowling words, but I managed to crawl out of the car.  Crawling back in the car from the passenger side was equally enjoyable. Afterwards I realized that I could have just re-parked in a more amenable space, and saved myself the entire spectacle.

1 comment:

  1. That happened to me in the Trader Joe parking lot once. The attendant made me park in an awkward spot, and promised that he would not let another car park too close. When I came out with my groceries, he was no where to be seen, and someone had parked about four inches from my car door. In the old days, this would not have been a problem, but now it can be very awkward to climb across. Grrrrr! I had some mean thoughts for the attendant.

    ReplyDelete