Saturday, May 31, 2014

Another Sacrament


Receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation with his wonderful sponsor Clare, who stated early on that she would be the most awesome of sponsors.  She more than lived up to this prediction.


Jack was chosen to give a speech on what Confirmation meant to him.  He began his speech by saying "not much", which gave me a heart attack.  But he was so right, he was JUST confirmed, he is growing into his faith every day, and it will mean more and more to him as he grows. The entire night was so beautiful, with two minor exceptions.  We had his party before the mass, and I ended up having to give all the guests the bum's rush, because we were going to be late and traffic was reportedly terrible. I was literally shooing guests out the door while they were still eating.  And then, after the mass, we were still hanging around inside the Cathedral with friends and family and we were being quite typical for our family, which means loud.  We got quite vociferously scolded by Dr. S.  who was attempting to have choir practice and did not appreciate the commotion, so he invited us to leave, post haste.  So I was again shooing people out a door!  I am mortified and now I don't want to show my face at mass tomorrow. When we got home at around 9:30, we found that one of our guests had quite kindly locked our door upon leaving , a door to which no one carries a key.  Thank God we had left a window open, which my newly confirmed Jack broke into, and then let us in the door.  Quite the evening.  It was especially wonderful as Jack's God parents and gramma came from Arizona to witness the blessed event.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be mortified by Dr. S's outbreak. He was totally focused on the difficult song we are going to sing on Sunday, and the fact that we are not that good at it. We hadn't even planned to have that practice, but it was an emergency. I was a little appalled myself and felt badly for you, but I am sure no one else had any idea who was there. It was your evening, and you were just enjoying it!

    I have locked myself out way too often, and each time I break in, I realize how easy it was, and so make it a little more difficult for the next time. One of these days, I will be really locked out and have to sleep in the park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting and memorable confirmation! Kicked out twice and climbing through a window! I agree that Jack had a most awesome sponsor.

    ReplyDelete