Saturday, September 13, 2014

Beauty Parlor Again


Schnitzel's groomer/breeder actually called me today, to mention that it had been a very long time since Schnitzel had been groomed.  He was looking so cute and scruffy. I hate taking him to the groomer; he gets all nervous and vibratey, and cries when I leave.  That is why I put it off for so long.  When I went to pick him up, he ran up to me and I did not recognize him! They balded him. The groomer said he had looked like some dog that had been rescued when I dropped him off, which was a little harsh.  So now he looks like a real Schnauzer, but not like my Schnitzel.  Ted feels that now he will look presentable to our esteemed guests who will be dining with us this week.  I say, they would have liked him much better, all scruffy.  We will have to wait for their opinion, although I suspect they are more cat people than dog people.  The groomer made me promise that I would bring him in more often. But now that they have balded him, I am even more reluctant.

2 comments:

  1. I am of the scruffy school myself, as evidenced by Little Margaret's always somewhat unkempt appearance . So much cuter that way. Anyone can have a "kempt" pup.
    I sure am glad to see that little Schnitzel is looking perky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are paying the groomer. He works for you. Tell him what you want next time. You don't care about the breed standard as you are not showing him, you just want a certain look. If he can't do it how you like it, try a different groomer.

    ReplyDelete