Saturday, September 13, 2014

Trifle Trouble



I am attempting to make a fruit trifle, in little jars, to take to my friends at church tomorrow.  Once again I am experimenting on those whom I love.  It was kind of hard to smoosh all the ingredients into a little jar, but I hope that does not affect the taste.  While I was slaving away on this endeavor,  Isaac was bemoaning his belief that I only do these desserts for others, and never for the family, him in particular. He said how much he LOVED a fruit trifle, and how I NEVER make them for the family.  I posited that he only loves the pastry cream in the trifle, and not the entire trifle, but he disputed this.  Then he said that when he finally picks his birthday dinner, he will pick a trifle for his dessert. 
I ended up making way too much of the different parts that go into it, so I made a normal sized one for the family from leftover ingredients.  Then I had the gall to say that this could count as his birthday trifle.  After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, he stated, unequivocally, that an "incidental" trifle was not going to count as his birthday trifle, and he is still going to request it for his birthday dinner….
I cannot believe how much ado there has been about this trifle today.

No comments:

Post a Comment