Saturday, March 14, 2015

A Sad Thought

The twins have decided that they no longer wish to be altar servers.  I think some of the joy has gone out of it for them since we lost our dear Mairead.  They have been serving for 10 years, which I think is a good effort for sure, and Jack still wants to serve.  When I see other kids come back from college and they are still altar serving,  I think  "ok, what have I done wrong?" I never realized how much it meant to me to see them serving every sunday, and I am so glad that Jack is still in it.

Jack and Andrew

2 comments:

  1. They will be missed in the sacristy! But I'm glad you let them decide for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss seeing them too. I wanted badly wanted Rachael to be one, but as ever, she too decided for herself.

    ReplyDelete