Saturday, August 23, 2014

Andrew's Birthday Dinner

Andrew's requested dinner was Croque Madam and a chocolate swirl cheesecake.  I over cooked the eggs,and under heated the sauce, so the meal was both overcooked and cold simultaneously...quite a feat on my part. The cheesecake was mediocre at best, but I don't really like cheesecake, so I am not the best one to judge. The boys all pronounced the meal great ( so nice), and dad missed the whole thing. Now Isaac is up to pick a birthday dinner, except I ran out of state to take care of gramma...so he will have longer to decide what he wants.

1 comment:

  1. That all sounds so "Joanna" - overcooked and cold at the same time. The other night I was making a ginger cake and it was to cook at 325 for an hour and a half. I calculate that it would be done at ten pm. When I came down to check on it, I was that I had set the temperature at 130 and the timer for 3 hours and 25 minutes. Gaaaaah! Amazingly, it turned out okay except for being burned on top. I reset the temp and cooked it another 45 minutes and then kept checking it till it was done. What a shock that was.

    Those eggs look perfect.

    ReplyDelete